23 avr. 2008

Hola amigos!

The ones who still withstand the English language and furthermore impersonal mails must bear with me. Please commit to this mail, we all go global. The replies will be in your very local languages and moods.

I´ll change my job! I said farewell (or Fahr zur Hölle? I cannot remember exactly) to my former employer yesterday, and will start working as a Product Manager for a music and web based portal as of April. Classic music, opera and jazz as key products at the moment. Upcoming: worldmusic, film music, electro etc. Plus all desktop applications, live streaming, event mgt etc. And this in… Amsterdam. Yes, this is the chance of my life. Yes, I am flying somewhere in the hyper sky…

I have a terrible new haircut and I was ill (no causal relation). I could hate the hairdresser at Elandsgracht if I did not know that time repairs almost everything in life.

In the musical pipeline: The Black Crows, Nick Cave, dEUS in April, Einstürzende Neubauten in May. All these venues with friends from Germany or Amsterdam, I cannot wait to see you all again.

I also discovered the excellent Wicked Jazz Sounds parties taking place in different locations in Amsterdam: wicked people dancing on wicked sounds, in wicked locations. Tomorrow again, dancing like King Leer.

Finally, I plan to go to North Sea Jazz (excellent line up this year! Okko? Hurry up: Early birds pay less), eventually Graspop Metal Meeting (Grigou: j´attends ta réponse, Volker Blauaugen: Interessiert?), and Lowlands for (almost) sure.

I am still living with my 6 Dutch fellows. I could hate my room if I would hate the hairdresser at Elandsgracht. I am looking forward to buying a flat in the very next future. I am wondering if banks will love me as much as I hate the hairdresser at Elandsgracht. Sounds like settling down here, found the city of my heart.

Jazz Up Your Dutch is not dead. Next meeting next week. This is the funny linguistic/musical group I set up 2 months ago. Basically we - reads people believing that they can learn Dutch in the Netherlands, speaks almost only American and English freaks, with me acting as a French diplomatic interface, this must have a deep political signification - meet twice a month at the Bimhuis. First we drink, then we try to speak Dutch, then we drink more, and we finally attend the jazz sessions at 10 pm. Non-native Dutch speakers in Amsterdam are welcome, native speakers as well: this may hurt your ears, but open your eyes to undiscovered linguistic possibilities in life.

What else? Short visit to Dublin 3 weeks ago. I canceled my Easter vacation in Marseille this week to search for eggs in Amsterdam.

Ach my friends! What about you?

Aucun commentaire: