21 oct. 2009

The story of a hiatus & three loves (Pixies at HMH, 13/10/09)

Of Kim & Charles' break

"Kim was headstrong and wanted to include her own songs, to explore her own world. The way I think Charles [Black Francis] saw it, the band made pizzas, not cookies."*

Of David & Bathsheba' s love
Dead by Pixies

You crazy baby Bathsheba, I wancha
You're suffocating you need a good shed
I'm tired of living, Shebe, so gimme
Dead
We're apin' rapin' tapin' catharsis
You get torn down and get erected
My blood is working but my, my heart is
Dead**
Hey
Whaddyah know?
You're lovely
Tan belly
Is starting to grow**
Uriah hit the crapper, the crapper
Uriah hit the crapper, the crapper
Uriah hit the crapper, the crapper
Dead

Of Samson & Delilah's love
Gouge Away by Pixies

Gouge away
You can gouge away
Stay all day
If you want to
Missy aggravation
Some sacred questions
You stroke my locks***
Some marijuana
If you got some
[...]
Sleeping on your belly
You break my arms
You spoon my eyes
Been rubbing a bad charm
With holy fingers
[...]
Chained to the pillars
A 3-day party
I break the walls
And kill us all
With holy fingers
[...]

Of Goënga & Waw's love
Pixies at Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam 13/10/2009

Setlist:
Intro (Un Chien Andalou), Dancing The Manta Ray, Weird At My School, Bailey's Walk, Manta Ray, Debaser, Tame, Wave Of Mutilation, I Bleed, Here Comes Your Man, Dead, Monkey Gone To Heaven, Mr. Grieves, Crackity Jones, La La Love You, No. 13 Baby, There Goes My Gun, Hey, Silver, Gouge Away
Encore 1: Wave Of Mutilation (UK Surf), Into The White,
Encore 2: Nimrod's Son, Isla De Encanta, Gigantic






* Joey Santiago, Mojo (12.09.2006)

** "David repents, but God struck the child [..] and it became sick ... [and] on the seventh day the child died." David then leaves his lamentations, dresses himself, and eats. His servants ask why he lamented when the baby was alive, but leaves off when it is dead, and David replies: "While the child was still alive, I fasted and wept; for I said, who knows whether Yahweh will be gracious to me, that the child may live? But now he is dead, why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he will not return to me." (Samuel 2,11)

*** "And she made him sleep on her knees; and she called for a man, and she caused him to shave off the seven locks of his head: ...and his strength went from him." (Judges 16:19)

Aucun commentaire: